Today’s dish is a spicy green chutney. We eat it with samosas. Samosas are fried dough with peas and potatoes inside. We also eat this with grilled cheese sandwiches. You know what those are.
Really, you can eat it with anything you want to make spicy and so freaking good. That’s true of most of these chutney recipes. This is is not as hot as the thecha one I eat too much of. Well, I guess it could be hot if the peppers you pick are super hot. Peppers are weird. You have to taste them to see their spice level and then gauge how many to put in. This is why cooking is hard.
- A few bunches of cilantro
- A few jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup of peanuts
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup of water
- Wash the cilantro and the jalapeno peppers.
- Cut off the tops of the jalapeno peppers and maybe cut them in half.
- Throw everything except the lime into a blender.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice out of it into the blender.
- Turn on the blender.
- Marvel at how easy that was.
- You can use lime juice in the bottle if you don’t have fresh limes.
- You can use different peppers. Jalapenos are the best though.